Whether this is your first time exporting or you're a seasoned shipper there are some fundamentals you will need to consider. Here are a few points you may want to think about.
- Weights and dimensions. All freight costs will be dependent on these two pieces of data so make sure you have them available.
- Make sure your consignment is packed suitability to ensure compliance with local regulations and that the freight will arrive in the condition you sent it.
- Documentation will be required dependant on the method of shipment and destination Country. Ensure you know what is needed prior to making your booking.
- Marks and labelling will be required on the packing material. (This is a bit like writing out the address on an envelope.)
- Insurance is a subject that people forget about. Accidents are very rare but regrettably do happen so insure your goods for loss and damage.
- How are you going to get your consignment on to the vehicle collecting? Do you have a pallet truck, forklift or a loading bay?
- What mode of shipment do you need? Air, sea or road? Do you have contractual terms that mean you have to deliver your freight by a specific date? This will in many respects determine what method you need to choose.
Whatever you are shipping, wherever it may be to, Oakbridge Logistics are on hand to offer you professional advice and support in a friendly, easy to understand way. Simply contact us if you have any questions whatsoever.